Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sunday Night Dinner Can't Be Beat


Hillstone a.k.a Houston's is one of my fav casual restaurants. Yes, it is a chain and you all know how I feel about chains. But this is no ordinary chain. [Sidebar: Because it is a chain in NYC they now have to publish calories so to avoid this they changed their name!] I seem to find myself there once every 2-3 weeks* and everytime I make a visit, I always leave happy and full. When I am having a bad day, Houston's is always the place I want to go. The prices aren't out of this world and at the 27th and Park location you can even make a resi (SSHHHHH on that tip). The 54th street location is a bit bigger so the no resi policy there is OK. Plus, the live Jazz band makes up for it.

My usual "throw the diet out the window" order is as follows:

“THE ROCKEFELLER” --> warm spinach and artichoke dip with tortilla chips and salsa.

ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SANDWICH --> skinless with melted Jack, red onion, tomato and arugula (I always ask for the garlic buttermilk dressing in addition to put on the chix)

A Diet Coke OR a glass of Pinot Noir from the A to Z Winery in Willamette, Oregon ( I think you have all figured out by now I am obsessed with Oregon wine).

No dessert...I mean really foodie friends, haven't I indulged enough already?

*I have a wedding to prepare for in mid October and that includes fitting into a bridesmaid dress that is a wee bit snug on me at present. Great motivation but sadly I won't be going to Houston's for quite some time.

Bottom line: I love it. If I was forced to eat at one restaurant for the rest of my life and not gain a single pound this would be the one! HA! OK, don't judge. I too like haute cuisine but let's be realistic ;)

www.hillstone.com; several locations all over the US.

post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment