Monday, November 9, 2009

3 Cheers for Corsino

I hit the new restaurant jackpot a few Friday night's ago. I went to a place called Corsino that is owned by the guy who did 'inoteca and 'ino. I can't remember the last time I was so excited by a restaurant! Not only was my company top notch, but I also got 1,000 points on Open Table! The West Village location makes for a cozy spot on a chilly Friday night. We started with a glass of Montepulciano while perusing the menu. We decided to order a medley of things and share. First to the table was the assortment of crostini. We had the brussel sprouts and pecorino, the butternut squash and garlic, ricotta and honey, shrimp and arugula, and basil pesto. As I learned that evening, a crostino is a smaller slice of bread that is crispy. We liked all of them but my favorite was the brussel sprout and pecorino. I thought the pecorino would be grated into the brussels but in fact it was under everything. Lovely! We then feasted on baked ricotta with toasted ciabatta. A nice mid course before our cheese plate. Cheese is always a treat indeed. We ordered a selection of Italian cheeses that were served with a spicy jam. While I love cheese, I think I could have skipped this course and ordered more crostino! The superstar of the meal was hands down the Heritage Brisket Meatballs with tomato and pecorino. 3 GIANT meatballs that were just taking a nice tomato bath waiting to be forked by me! As a compliment to the GIANT meatballs, we ordered a side of their brussel sprouts and butternut squash. Both lovely but if I had to pick I would go with the brussels!

Bottom line: Corsino is such a nice addition to my rolodex of restaurants. I love everything about the place. The value, the food, the atmosphere. Everything gets a 10 from me. Families will be comfortable too as the back part of the restaurant has several 10 person tables. Foodie Chick readers, I highly, highly, highly recommend.

www.corsinocantina.com

post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment