Friday, November 6, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

I have been MIA way too long. Good reasons though: 1) I was swamped at work and couldn't bear to turn on my computer at home after a long day at the office. 2) Because I was "over" eating out so much and had to take a break and 3) my wallet needed some relief!

Now, the show must go on!

I had an absolutely AMAZING dinner at Keste. For those that read other food blogs and follow the local restaurant beat, you will know that Keste was rated the #1 pizza place in NYC. If I told you I knew Keste was awesome before NYC did you all wouldn't believe me. But I knew months before that Keste was the pizza destination of Manhattan. All thanks to my cousin Liz from Pittsburgh. As it turns out, the owner of Keste is a man named Roberto Caporuscio who hails from a town outside Naples. Roberto moved to Pittsburgh years ago and opened up a shop in Bellevue, PA. My cousin Liz found Roberto's place and instantly became hooked. So when Roberto decided to pack up and head for the big apple, he naturally emailed his best customers and told them to come see him on Bleecker street. Naturally, Liz forwarded his email to me and then I was in the know! My mom recently came to see me and we went to Keste for dinner one evening. There were a few of us and we all ordered different pizza's. In hindsight, I think my friend Alicia had the best looking pizza--and I know it was tasty as she didn't share a bite!!! Below is her sausage and broccoli rabe pizza that was cooked to perfection:

Bottom line: Keste is a great deal in our city. Cheap wine and delicious pizza. Great for kids! They don't take reservations so make sure you are OK waiting!

www.kestepizzeria.com


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment