Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spice it Up!

My fellow foodies, it would be a crime for me to not reveal my go to spice source. Now please, commit this to memory!


Penzey's is based in Wauwatosa, WI (try saying that 5 times fast) and has several retail locations. Manhattanites, you can visit a small stall at the Grand Central Food Market. Florida friends, go to Winter Park as the store is huge and they often give you freebies. Oh and make sure to get on their mailing list! If you can't get to a retail site, you can always order online :)

Now, if I was on a deserted island and could take one spice with me from Penzeys, it would be the Fajita Spice. I use it on EVERYTHING. Chicken, fish, shrimp, even in a dip I make. The best part is that the ingredients are all natural and there isn't too much salt. If you gave me one more spice to take, it would be their Sunny in Paris spice. This jazzes up any dish. I mainly use it in eggs and omelettes but have tried it in Chicken Salad and it came out really nice. The spice is a blend of shallots, chives, green peppercorns, dill, basil, tarragon, chervil, and bay leaf. Give it a go and let me know how you use it! I am always looking for a new way to use my Sunny spice!

Happy Spice Shopping!

Penzeys Spices
http://www.penzeys.com


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment